Senior dinghy sailing instructor
About The Gatineau River Yacht Club (GRYC)
The GRYC is a family-oriented, volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization with roughly 500 active members. It promotes and encourages participation in sailing and water-related recreation. It is nestled on a cluster of small islands on the Gatineau River in Chelsea, Quebec. The GRYC values and respects the environment and seeks to ensure that the Club’s islands and the Gatineau River can sustain its activities for generations to come. The GRYC is a community within a community. We value respect, diversity and inclusion, positive can-do attitudes, and teamwork.
Scope of work
You'll work in a family-oriented environment aimed at providing a fun, enthusiastic, and traditional learning experience both for racing and recreational sailing.
- Supervise and manage sailing lessons for a group of children or teens
- Plan sailing lessons appropriate to the age and skill level of the participants
- Plan and execute fun camp activities
- Evaluate sailors and provide appropriate feedback for a positive learning experience; etc.
- Qualified at the CANSail level 5 (6 preferred)
- CANSail instructor 3&4 certification up to date for 2022 (5&6 preferred)
- Current Standard First Aid and Boat Safety or equivalent (PCOC)
- Fully bilingual in French and English
- Bronze Cross or Lifeguard certification preferred
- Restricted Operator’s Certificate (Maritime) preferred
- Competitive wages and benefits proportional to qualifications and experience for 9 or 10 weeks employment from mid-June to late August
- A minimum of 30 hours a week guaranteed
- Possibility of extra income coaching during regattas and events
- Partial reimbursement of costs of successful completion of instructor courses
- Reimbursement of annual Sail Canada instructor dues/insurances;
- Maximum 50 days at 8 hours per day (400 total hours)
Please email a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, March 31st, 2023. Be sure to include any qualifications. Note that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.